EFCA Sector Review
Establishing a ranking based on turnover of the top companies and groups operating in Europe that supply engineering services for construction and the built environment.
EFCA Sector Review
EFCA aims to demonstrate the breadth and depth of Europe's capacity to supply engineering services for construction and the built environment in critical areas such as water and energy supply by publishing the EFCA Sector Review 2022 (PDF) for Europe that includes lists ranking the industry's top firms.
To help understand how firms supplying engineering services for construction and the built envronment are distributed throughout Europe, available are maps that plot:
EFCA Sector Review survey
The 2022 Survey ended on 10 December 2022. Results, including top lists, are published in the EFCA Sector Review 2022 (PDF).
Companies and groups for which the provision of construction-related engineering services in Europe represents more than approximately 50% of their turnover in Europe are considered by the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA) for inclusion in the list.
Generally speaking, companies and groups with more than 100 to 200 staff based in Europe which provide these services are considered.
For the survey, Peter Boswell on behalf of Bricad Associates is mandated by EFCA as the EFCA Survey Cooordinator.
Arrangements are summarised below, with links to further details where necessary.
- 2022 SURVEY QUESTIONNAIRE
- GROUPS OPERATING IN EUROPE (to help establish a single point of contact)
The survey questionnaire is in two parts.
- The first part establishes if the activity of a company or group mainly comprises construction-related as opposed to product-related consulting engineering services. These services are essentially ngineering services such as master planning, preliminary studies, design, procurement, technical assistance, project and construction management, environmental engineering, quantity surveying, and other services for the built environment. Generally excluded are professional services which would be classified as legal and financial services, management consultancy, advertising and market research, and scientific research but are not supplied to the market (company and groups will often carry out these services internally for their own account).
- The second part aims to summarise how companies and groups based in Europe supply consulting engineering services for construction and the built environment.
The 2022 survey ended on 10 December 2022. Both online and offline questionnaires were available on the survey website.
To avoid multiple contacts, for groups with a significant presence in more than one country, the survey aims to identify the entity that is responsible for or acts for all subsiduaries based in Europe. This entity may be based either inside or outside of Europe.
A list of the groups with a significant presence in more than one country in Europe gives the country of a group's likely entity for Europe. EFCA and its national Member Associations use this list to establish a single point of contact with a group or company that operates in more than one country.
For further information, please contact:
- Peter Boswell, Survey Coordinator (email@example.com; Mobile & WhatsApp: +41 79 298 9666)
- Sue Arundale, EFCA Secretary General (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EFCA Survey 2022
View other posts tagged with:
EFCA Survey 2022